Wednesday 7 April 2010

Standing on my own two feet

I'm sitting at my desk looking at all the papers around me, working out where to start. I keep thinking "I've got so much to do". Now normally something like this would freak me out but not today. I'm happy I have all these papers here, they're my achievements from the last two weeks.

Since I started in January I've always had Jess in the office to guide me, but for the last two weeks she has been away. At first I thought this would be a problem. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to handle the pressure of working without supervision. I thought I'd be lost or just sitting around twiddling my thumbs but, in fact, it hasn't been like that at all. We've been corresponding via email, so I know if I ever get stuck Jess is only an email away.

My first plan of action was to write a list of my goals for the two weeks, which I incorporated into my work flow. I feel that when I write to do lists they drive me to keep motivated, which I must say has worked.

I feel I've been given so much responsibility and this has motivated me to push myself even further. I want Jess to come back and feel that things ran smoothly while she was away. I'm really excited to show her all the new things I've learnt and all the great opportunities that I've found.

A few things I would say I'm proud to have accomplished these last two weeks are:
*three new funding opportunities for our funding hit list
*two new tenders for our spreadsheet
*five new contacts I made through networking
*having our phone line installed
*attending training sessions on funding and contracts
*securing new training opportunities.

Now the phone line has been installed it feels so professional answering the phone saying, "Good morning, Poached Creative, how can I help?" There's something almost satisfying about it. My ability to network just went up a level.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant to hear that Poached is going from strength to strength. Jess has been singing your praises and it sounds like you make quite a team!

    Keep up the good work
    Angela (early Poachee!) x

    ReplyDelete